Sunday, July 8, 2007

Nora's First Word

So, I think we can say that Nora has officially said her FIRST word (other than Da). She is saying "please". I've been trying to get her to say it when she wants something the last few weeks and now she says it when she wants something (without coaching!)! So, I just thought I'd pass it on to all of you!
Also, a funny little story. She follows me ALL OVER our tiny apartment. For those of you that haven't been here, all the rooms are just a few steps from each other.

Today, she was taking a bath and I was taking the laundry out of the dryer (which is located just outside the bathroom door) I then took 2 steps toward my bedroom and threw the clean clothes on my bed. This took only seconds to accomplish. I could hear Nora splashing and bumping around in the bathtub, but suddenly I realized I didn't hear her in the water. I turned around and there she was at my feet!!! She got out of the bathtub! I put her back in, ran to get my phone (to call Tim) and within 10 seconds, i found her heading headfirst for the floor!!!! It was her way of getting out! I had to laugh at her insistence to follow me, no matter what she is doing! I guess it didn't hurt, because she didn't cry! Thankfully, our tub is close to the floor!!! I guess I can't turn my back on her for 10 seconds!!!


Have a great week!!!


1 comment:

Amy said...

How exciting! I have no doubt that there's going to be many more firsts and time will start to really fly now. I hope you can keep up!

Amy Eckel