Friday, April 4, 2008

Nora's Birth Day

...Throughout the night, Nurses and Doctors came in my room continuously! It was all a fuzz to me...but I remember clearly around 5:00 all the nurses on duty and 2 Doctors were in my room. It scared me awake! Here's a timeline of the rest of our day...

5:00

Tim and I wake to find our room full of Doctors and Nurses -

-Dr. Long and Dr. Manning both decided that it was time to have this baby. So, they mentioned that it was time to induce my labor.

- Upon hearing this...I quickly mentioned that I was pretty sure my baby was breach. So, upon checking with an ultrasound, Dr. Long said...we are going to have this baby in 1/2 an hour!!!

7:00

Tim quickly called both sets of parents to let them know that I was already in the OR getting prepared for an Emergency C-Section. My parents were already getting ready, but were surprised to learn that I was having my baby NOW!!! They had to drive 45 minutes to get to us, so we weren't able to see them beforehand to explain everything.

8:00

By this time, Tim's Mom was at the hospital and our Pastor, Ken had already been there. He had tried to catch Tim before entering the OR, but just missed him. I felt so bad for Tim, knowing he was scared and all alone at the same time. Thankfully, he got to catch his Mom before coming into the OR. God really sustained him and gave him strength during this time.

After prepping for surgery, I found myself alone (besides all the nurses and doctors) in the OR getting ready for my spinal. I think the thought of the spinal injection scared me, more than the surgery itself! But, the nurses were great, they supported me, calmed me and told me that this was the best Anesthesiologist in the hospital. He had in fact done her spinal for her C-Section. I don't know if it was true, but it instantly calmed me down. :)

9:00

Before I knew it, Tim was by my side, and I could see only him. I couldn't believe this was happening!

9:02

After what felt like just 2 minutes, Dr. Long said..."It's a Girl!!" He gave me 1 second (literally) to see her and whisked her away to the pediatrician. We had a baby girl...and she was SO TINY!!!!!

She weighed 3lb. 9 oz. and was 16 1/2 inches long.

3:30 PM

Daddy FINALLY got to see Nora Sabella in the NICU, while I was totally out of it in my room.

The rest of my day is a blur. I really don't remember anything other than people coming in and out of my room. It wasn't until a few days later, that we found out my Kidney's and Liver were in danger of failing and I was on medication to keep me from having Seizures, as well as Pain Meds.

11:30 PM

I finally got to see my Little Nora Sabella. She was so small, with so many wires and tubes and lights all around her. I wanted to hold her, but could only sit and watch her and touch her
little hands. She was BEAUTIFUL!

Here are pictures from that night...




No comments: