Thursday, April 10, 2008

Nora's NICU Days 3-7

April 6, 2006
3 lb. 5.7 oz

Today, Nora finally came of her intravenous antibiotics!! Unfortunatley that IV has to stay. It was so bothersome! Her veins were so tiny, that they would easily collapse, so they had to move it constantly! It went from right foot to left arm, to left foot...the hardest was when they had to put it in her head, because she had no other available veins. We are ready for the IV to go!

Here's the first time I held Nora - 36 hours after she was born!

April 7, 2006
3 lbs. 4.8 oz.

Today was a hard day. I had to prepare to leave the hosptial without Nora. They finally took me of my IV and I was able to walk without that annoying IV pole!! Much of the day was spent crying and in unbelief that I could leave her behind.

We finally got a picture of Daddy holding Nora

There's the Pesky IV in her arm

April 8, 2006
3 lb. 5 oz.

Nora's weight finally started going back UP! We were so happy she's starting to gain weight!
Today, I went home. The day was full of tears. I felt like I was being torn apart. All I wanted to do was stay by her side.

Here we are saying Goodbye to our little Nora


My Living Hope Family gave me a baby shower today! It had been planned for this date, but no one expected Nora to already be here! It was such a blessing and so hard at the same time. God blessed me richly as my sister's in Christ prayed for Nora, Tim and I. Their prayers and words of wisdom and encouragement were what my heart needed. I guess God knew that ahead of time too!!! :)


April 9, 2006
3 lb. 6.1 oz.

Today was my 27th birthday! What a birthday present I received this year!!! It was a pretty uneventful day. Usually, we celebrate big! Brian and I have the same birthday, so we've done things like trips to Philly, Philly's baseball games, concerts...etc. :) Today we stayed close to home. We went to dinner and went to the hospital. We realize now, that was just the beginning of our daily rituals of driving back and forth from the hospital!!!

April 10, 2006
3 lb. 7.2 oz.
Today we found out that Nora was having problems remembering to breath, which then resulted in her heart rate dropping. It was scary, being the first real medical issue since she was born. They decided to give her caffeine, which somehow helps her to remember to breath. The monitors go off REGULARLY while we hold her. We usually just jostle her and she remembers to breathe and then everything is fine. Occasionally the nurses rush us. Tim did really well with all this. He stayed calm, but every alarm sent MY nerves haywire!



No comments: