Wednesday, August 20, 2008

It feels like more than I can handle...

So, yesterday was an emotional day.

We found out that I'm 5 weeks and 5 days pregnant! We are excited and so thankful that we were able to get pregnant again and thus far, God has sustained the life of our little one. I am currently recieving Progesterone Injections twice a week, to help sustain the life of the baby and to prepair my uterus for pregnancy. The ultrasound yesterday told us how old the baby was, but it was too young to detect a heartbeat. However the technician was able to see a fluttering of the heart, which is a good sign. Next Tuesday we have another ultrasound to see the heartbeat.

At around 6:30 last night, we found out that Tim lost his job. After 9 1/2 years with Staples, they have fired him.

We are at a loss.

Life as we know it, will be changing. We can not live in our new home. We have to find a new place to go. We don't know what Tim will get for unemployment, we don't have health insurance for this pregnancy. We just don't know what to do.

Please pray that God would sustain us. That we would be able to keep our eyes on Christ and the cross. That we would sense his direction. That he would give us peace.

1 comment:

sarah said...

It was so exciting to hear your wonderful news at the picnic ... we will continue to pray that God would sustain this pregnancy!
Also, just wanted to let you know that you are in our prayers as you walk through this trial of Tim losing his job. May you take comfort in knowing that we serve a God who is faithful in all circumstances.
May these words encourage you ...
"The good news about my trials is that God is forcing them to bow to His gospel purposes and do good unto me by improving my character and making me more conformed to the image of Christ. Preaching the gospel to myself each day provides a lens through which I can view my trials in this way and see the true cause for rejoicing that exists in them. I can then embrace trials as friends and allow them to do God's good work in me."
M. Vincent - A Gospel Primer

Love,
Sarah