Thursday, October 9, 2008

Baby Update

13 Weeks Pregnant - Due date April 16th, 2009

Yesterday we had another Dr. appointment.

We found out that my progesteron levels are at 17.9 which means they have only gone up 7 points in the past 8 weeks after getting 400 mg of progesterone a week.  I should be in the upper 40's by now.

The Dr. doesn't seem worried, because there is a strong heartbeat.  That is what is important.  

One curious thing we found out yesterday is that low progesterone levels can cause pre-term labor AND preeclampsyia...which may explain my problems with Nora!

During the weeks of 12-14, the placenta is supposed to start taking over and producing the progesterone. So, please pray that will happen!!!!

Also, they have started me on a combo of baby asprin, Vitamin B12, Vitabin B6 and Folic Acid.  Evidently there is new research that this combo may keep blood pressure down during pregnancy.  So, they are having me take this, in hopes that it prevents Preeclamsia again.  I have a 50% chance it could happen again.

We have another appointment in 4 weeks.  And will continue getting Progesterone Injections twice a week. We'll have another level check in 2 weeks.

Ways to pray...

That my placenta starts taking over and producing the progesterone that I need...

That my blood pressure remains normal...

That pre-term labor does not occur...

That Tim and I have faith that God is in control of the pregnancy and this little baby and no matter what problems may occur, God has the best in store for us.


4 comments:

sarah said...

Thanks for the baby update ... we'll continue to keep you guys and the baby in our prayers.
By the way, great family pic from vacation!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping us updated! Looks like you guys had a fun vacation. (I saw some pics on facebook.) Miss ya. ~ Destiny

Amanda G said...

Praying for you!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you and baby are doing OK. You are in my thoughts and prayers.