Saturday, November 8, 2008

Baby Update

Yesterday we had another OB appointment.  Here are the highlights...it was a short visit. :)

1.  We are getting the higher dosage of Progesterone till the 18th, then depending on my levels, we may add another form of progesterone.

2.  On the 18th I'm getting a full blood work-up done.  I don't know what it's all for, except that it has to do with my health history for Nora's pregnancy.  I think they called it a Metabolic something bloodwork.

3.  At that time, I will also have to do a 24 hour urine, to check my protien levels. (That is one of the first signs of preeclampsia.)

4.  I am officially a "high risk" pregnancy.  Basically for now, that only means that I'm only allowed to see Doctors (no midwives or nurse practitioners) for my appointments.  They will also be seeing me more often than normal pregnancies.

5.  I lost a few more pounds, but the Dr. isn't concerned at this point.  I just haven't been able to keep everything down still.  Sometimes it's hard to eat.

6.  The Baby's heartrate was a strong 150 bpm!  That's nice and strong.  (Wivestales would say that it's a girl!)

7.  Which bring us to the last bit of business.  On Black Friday we have a 9:00 AM ultrasound to check all the babies parts...and to find out the sex of the baby!!! :)  We are excited about that... and plan to take Nora so she can "see" the baby!!!!

Thank you for your many prayers, we'll keep you updated with any changes!

1 comment:

sarah said...

Thanks for the update ... we continue to hold you and the baby in our prayers!