Tuesday, January 27, 2009

It's a busy week!

This week is Janelle's wedding, so there is a lot going on!!  She and Matthew are moving there things into their new house, finish all the last minute details and trying to stay sane!!  

But, I haven't blogged for a while, so I thought I'd leave you with a recipe I recently used.  Tim and I really enjoyed it and have put it in our "Favorites" catagory!  

Enjoy!

Marinated Salmon Seared in a Pepper Crust


Ingredients

  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce (I used reduced Sodium Soy Sauce)
  • 1 garlic clove, pressed in a garlic press or minced and mashed to a paste
  • 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice (I added a little extra lemon, because we like lemon on fish)
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 3/4 pound center-cut salmon fillet, skinned and halved
  • 4 teaspoons coarsely ground black pepper (I cut the pepper in 1/2, but would like to try it with all 4 teaspoons)
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil

Directions

In a sealable plastic bag combine well the soy sauce, the garlic, the lemon juice, and the sugar, add the salmon, coating it well, and let it marinate, sealed and chilled, for 30 minutes. Remove the salmon from the bag, discarding the marinade, pat it dry, and press 2 teaspoons of the pepper onto each piece of salmon, coating it thoroughly. In a heavy skillet heat the oil over moderately high heat until it is hot but not smoking and in it saute the salmon for 2 minutes on each side, or until it just flakes.

Transfer the salmon with a slotted spatula to paper towels and let it drain for 30 seconds.


I served it with Rice and Green Beans.  We all loved it very much!!  Nora ate almost a WHOLE PIECE of Salmon!

No comments: