Wednesday, August 29, 2007

A scare with Nora

So, this afternoon, I had a scary situation with Nora. She fell off the bed, I jumped to get her and she was VERY upset. I tried to calm her and as I did, she passed out. I laid her on the bed, but my hand over her mouth and nose, she was breathing. I talked to her and jostled her, but she was unresponsive, her eyes were rolled back and it took about 30 seconds (but felt like forever!) to get her to regain consciousness. I'm assuming that this is what happened before, but I was able to look at her for specific things, because it had happened before! Maybe she reacts to pain this way. Regardless, it was scary! She got sleepy right away, so I sat with her for a while. She returned to her normal self and then took her normal afternoon nap. She seemed fine the rest of the day.

The doctors had said before, that some babies respond this way to pain, so I pray that is all it is! Thankfully, she didn't stop breathing!!!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Wow! I thank God she is still breathing.