Thursday, February 12, 2009

Baby Update

Week 31! Only 9 to go!!

Yesterday we had another Ob appointment. My blood pressure was a few points higher than normal for me, but still in the normal range. Not to get too specific, but my urine was good...no sugars and just a trace of protein. Just to be safe, they sent blood work in to make sure my liver and kidneys are working correctly. The Dr. still needs to look them over, but a nurse called yesterday afternoon to say that my platelets looked good and she expects the Dr. to sign off on the tests as normal! So THAT's good news!

I'm not dilated or effaced at this point...more good news!

The Dr. decided that she wants to see me weekly now. When I got preeclampsia with Nora it all happened quickly over one weekend. Therefore, she doesn't want to take any chances again of that happening, so weekly check ups.

I'm still measuring larger than my due date indicates, so I'm scheduled for another ultrasound on the 26th. They will compare it with the ultrasound from before (which will be six weeks apart). I'm wondering if they think my due date is wrong?!?! I'm OK with having her a little early! :)

Elise's heart rate was 140 bpm, which is normal. She's been moving A LOT...making me uncomfortable at times. I've been having Braxton Hicks...which is interesting. I didn't have any with Nora.

Next Thursday starts the week to beat Nora's arrival!! She came at 32 weeks, so we are praying that Elise stays where she is longer than that!

We are getting excited...nervous...ready for Elise's arrival! I'm going to go get our clothes from the storage unit this weekend and see what I have in Newborn size! Hopefully I have enough WARM clothes. Nora didn't really start wearing that size till summer, so we'll see! :)

1 comment:

Amy said...

OH!! I can't wait! Well, actually, I'll wait, that's what's best for Mom and Elise.... But seriously, having another baby girl Clark is exciting!