Wednesday, March 18, 2009

An eventful day!!!

35 weeks - 6 days

Today was our normal OB appointment.  I've been on bedrest for one week.

We got there and of course, they took my blood pressure. :)  The nurse said "gosh girl!".  It was 152/100...REALLY high.

She made me lay on my left side and said that Dr. Manning would be in soon.

Dr. Manning came in, said "how are you feeling" and "I think it might be time to sell this".

Tim said, "what does that mean?"  She said, I want you to go over to the Birthing Center, we'll do blood work, monitor the baby, watch your blood pressure and get an ultrasound to see if Elise is still Breech.

So, Tim, Mom and I headed over.  

They hooked me up to the monitor and took my BP.  Soon, I headed down to get an Ultra Sound.  We had a Radiologist doing the Ultra Sound, so that was really interesting.  He showed us much more than any other ultra sound tech.  It went well, he said that her lungs are well developed (she was practicing her breathing again) and her cord blood flow was good.  He gives a "test" that equals 8, 2 points in 4 catagories.  he gave her 2 pts in 2 cataories and 0 pts. in the other 2 catagories.  She wasn't moving much, which was his cause for concern.

However, because upstairs they got some really good monitoring, Dr. Manning was not worried.

We found out that she is DEFINITLY still breech.  The Radiologist didn't seem to think she was going to move...but you never know!
He also said that she's around 6 lbs, so she's at a good size!! :)

My blood work all came back normal, so Dr. Manning opted to keep Elise inside for as long as possible.  We have another appointment on Wednesday, so we'll see what happens then.

I'm still on bed rest (and I think Mom will be on me even more after today!!)

I'm getting pretty restless...ready for Elise to be born and to be able to see her face, hold her and know that we are both safe!!!  But, we trust in God's timing!  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear she is doing well. We will pray that she moves out of the breech position and for a safe delivery for both of you.