Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Baby Update

36 Weeks & 6 days...

Today we had another OB appointment.

My BP was 150/78.  A bit high, Dr. Long wasn't too thrilled. :)

So, they did some more blood work and a Non Stress Test.  My blood work came back normal and the Non Stress Test showed that Elise is getting the oxygen she needs!  Good news!

We found out in the last week, that high blood pressure can limit the oxygen that Elise recieves.  It can also cause limited fetal growth.

Dr. Long decided that he wants to get weekly tests done, so each Tuesday we will go for our normal OB appointment for blood work and a Non Stress Test.  Then each Friday, we will go for a "Biological Profile" a specific ultra sound that checks her movement, tone, cord blood flow and resperation.  

We also are going to schedule a C-section, since Elise is still breech.  We are waiting for a phone call to schedule that!  So, unless something else happens beforehand, we should know soon what day Elise is coming!!

I'm pretty tired of being on bed rest, I'm definitely ready for Elise to be here and for life to start getting a bit more normal.  

Saturday is our dear friend, Amy's LHC Baby Shower!  I'm really hoping to go (Tim and I think it's a good enough reason to break a few rules!).  So, if my ultrasound goes well on Friday and my BP looks ok, I'm hoping to go!!  It will be a nice break from bed rest and so much fun to see Dan and Amy blessed as they prepare for their first little one!!  I can't wait to meet him/her!  (selfishly I want Amy to have a  girl, so my girls can grow up with a great friend!!) :)

Nora is enjoying the "warmer" weather.  She loves being out side, playing on the slide and in the sand box!  It's hard to believe that she's going to be 3 next weekend!!!  She's getting to be such a big girl!  

She's really enjoying her time with Lizzy.  She's been very imaginative, playing with her play clothes and dolls.  She loves to play "dog".  She crawls around barking, looking for someone to pay attention and play with her.  She did it for over an hour with me the other day.  It was pretty funny!!  She's also ready for Elise to be here.  She talks about her a lot and puts her babies in Elise's crib or bouncy seat.  I think she's going to be a great big sister!

We'll pass on any other new info that we get!

No comments: