Monday, March 9, 2009

a little scare

So, on Friday night, Tim and I headed off to Birthing Class.  We decided, since Nora's birth was far from normal and we are planning a VBAC, that it would be helpful to take the class again.

Afterwards on Friday night, I noticed that I had a headache and wasn't feeling so well.  I took my blood pressure and it was a little elevated for me.

The next day, we headed off to the rest of Birthing Class.  Throughout the day, I took my BP just to keep an eye on it.  My hands started swelling and by noon it was around 130\88.  By 3:00 it was 156\97.  

Needless to say, we were a bit worried.  So, I called the answering service at the OB, told them what was going on and since we were at the Hospital, we headed upstairs to the Birthing Center.

They took my BP and it was 147\91.  They found traces of protien in my urine and did some bloodwork.  At this point, Tim and I were thinking, "here we go again...we're going to have this baby early".  

After laying on my left side my blood pressure started going down and went well below my normal BP.  My blood work came back all normal.  So, they released me!

So, that night, my BP went back up but not as high as it had been earlier.  I'm taking it easy, checking it a couple times a day and making sure I keep my feet up. :)

I have an appointment on Wednesday, so we'll see what my OB has to say then.

My BP was normal yesterday...and is a little bit elevated today, but not REALLY high.

Anyway, the baby was monitored while we were in the Hospital and she's doing well.  We have about 5 1/2 weeks till her due date...and we are super excited to see her!!  

We are praying that God keeps my BP down...and that we both remain healthy.  We'd really like to avoid a C-section if at all possible!!!

1 comment:

Allie said...

I will be praying for you, Nic, as well as for baby Elise. My prayer is that God would bring this little one in His perfect timing, and that he would grant you and Tim peace as you wait on Him. Thank you for updating us all so we can pray!